This is a radical edit to highlight an extraordinary stretch of playing in this show.
- Truckin’ (intro and jam) > (8:52)
- The Other One > Space > Big River Tease > The Other One > (24:18)
- Eyes of the World (instrumental) > (7:46)
- The Other One. (4:23)
The purpose of this “radical edit” was to keep this whole sequence intact, but to eliminate the actual songs, “Truckin’,” “Big River,” and “Eyes of the World,” none of which are outstanding in performance or soundboard mix.
Five pieces were sliced out, and the breaches healed, so that it sounds approximately like The Dead played it this way:
- “Truckin’” and “Big River”: One cut each, eliminating everything from the first sung word to the last sung word.
- “Eyes of the World”: All three verse/chorus segments removed, but the instrumental passages between them preserved and segued together into a single big instrumental “Eyes.”
It sounds crazy, but the result is a quite wonderful 45 minutes of high-end Grateful Dead instrumental, improvisational adventure through the riffs and changes of several songs, without singing any of them except "The Other One."